Tree Hugger in Heels shares this fantastic breakfast smoothie.
Breakfast can be hectic for anyone, and throw a few kids in the mix and it has the potential to get your day off on the wrong foot. This Easy Breakfast Smoothie is one of my go-to’s for a quick, super healthy breakfast option. Pair with some protein and you are set. Bonus, everyone LOVES it.
All of the ingredients here are organic. We try to eat all organically whenever possible. Smoothies are a great way to make that happen. Frozen organic fruit and vegetables tend to be much less expensive than fresh. The chia seeds are a great source of fiber, calcium and Omega-3’s. I love the probiotic powder from Garden of Life. It’s raw and made from whole food sources and we use it to keep out immune system and digestion on track.
Get out your blender and let’s get going.
– Frozen Berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries are our go-to’s)
– One Banana (or half it for a single serving)
– Frozen Avocado (great way to sneak in those healthy fats for developing brains, makes it more filling and creamy. No avocado taste)
– Small handful of frozen chopped spinach
– Tablespoon of Organic Chia Seeds
– Probiotic Powder (We use Garden of Life Raw Kids)
– Diluted Organic Orange Juice (we do half water and half juice to reduce the unnecessary sugar)
– Crushed Ice
- Blend very well so the seeds and spinach are really incorporated
- Enjoy! And wait for them to ask for it again tomorrow!