With Cleveland weather, it’s always a great idea to keep a list of indoor things to do whether it’s rain, snow, wind, or whatever else comes our way. Here are some great ways to stay indoors & have a super fun no matter what the season is.
Be sure to check out the Indoor Toddler list for even more options!
As always, it’s a good idea to check directly with each location for admission/hours at this time.
1. CLEVELAND METROPARKS ZOO RAINFOREST – tap for more info
Visit the rainforest at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo. A beautiful place to be when it’s too hot outside or rainy.
2. GREATER CLEVELAND AQUARIUM – tap for more info
Touch some stingrays at the Greater Cleveland Aquarium. They recently reopened the stingray touchpool, fun for everyone!
3. GREAT LAKES SCIENCE CENTER – tap for more info
Get your science on at the Great Lakes Science Center. You can also catch a movie at the Cleveland Clinic DOME Theater.
4. ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAME – tap for more info
Check out all the amazing musical history exhibits the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame has!
5. CLEVELAND MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY – tap for more info
Programming frequently changes – go check out what’s new at the museum!
6. CLEVELAND BOTANICAL GARDEN – tap for more info
The beautiful gardens are open year round – rain or shine! A wonderful indoor place to explore.
7. B.A. SWEETIES – tap for more info
Visit the largest candy store in North America. Kids will have fun pushing little carts made for their shopping extravaganza!
8. CLEVELAND HISTORY CENTER – tap for more info
Love Cleveland? Visit Cleveland History Center to learn new things & visit the Crawford Auto-Aviation Museum, a must-see for any car lover!
9. CLEVELAND MUSEUM OF ART – tap for more info
Our beautiful art museum has an area just for kids with interactive things to do!
10. WEST SIDE MARKET – tap for more info
Shop local & pick up amazing ingredients to make a delicious dinner at home.
11. A CHRISTMAS STORY HOUSE – tap for more info
Get back into the holiday season with a trip to the Christmas Story House.
12. CLEVELAND PUBLIC LIBRARY – MAIN BRANCH – tap for more info
Visit the main branch & see the beautiful view from the 10th floor observation deck.
13. INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S AIR & SPACE MUSEUM – tap for more info
Always free admission – a great place for plane loving kiddos!
14. WESTERN RESERVE FIRE MUSEUM – tap for more info
The Fire Museum’s mission is to provide a first-class regional fire museum & education center while preserving the history of the fire service and their historic building.
15. VIST A NATURE CENTER – tap for more info
With 10+ nature centers around (which are FREE), they are a great place to burn off some energy indoors!
16. VISIT A TRAMPOLINE PARK – tap for more info
With quite a few options around Cleveland, burning some energy at a trampoline park is a great indoor activity!
17. VIST AN INDOOR PLAY CENTER – tap for more info
There are so many great indoor play centers for a rainy day!
18. UNLEASH YOUR INNER DETECTIVE AT AN ESCAPE ROOM – tap for more info
Challenge yourself to an escape room!
19. MILLER NATURE PRESERVE – tap for more info
Visit the 5000 square foot conservatory & see multiple displays of beautiful plant specimens from all over the world in Avon.
20. VISIT ROCKEFELLER GREENHOUSE – tap for more info
This FREE greenhouse is a great way to spend a rainy day!
21. GO ROCK CLIMBING – tap for more info
Check out the Adventure Park list for a variety of places to try your hand at rock climbing.
22. TRANSFORMER STATION – tap for more info – *temporarily closed for renovations*
Transformer Station is a privately owned & operated art museum in Hingetown. It has quickly become an anchor destination in Cleveland’s rapidly evolving Ohio City neighborhood.
23. VISIT A FUN LIBRARY PLAY SPACE – tap for more info
We are so lucky to have such wonderful libraries around & many have great play spaces to explore!
24. CHECK OUT AN INDOOR ATTRACTION – tap for more info
There is a HUGE variety of indoor attractions around Cleveland. From bowling to roller skating, you’ll find something fun to do when the day calls for an indoor activity.
For a list of indoor things to do with toddlers & preschoolers, visit: