Cedar Point will officially open for the season in a little over a week so I thought I’d share a few pointers in case you were planning a visit soon. We went on opening day last year & will most likely go again this year. Yes, there will most likely be a few hiccups; however, if you go with the mindset of ‘hey, we may not get on everything we want to today & that’s okay,’ I think it helps.
Not as many updates as the past couple of years but for starters –
First off, opening day will be on May 6.
Cedar Point will only be open Thursday – Mondays for the first two weeks.
Starting May 18, they’ll be open 7 days a week.
Cedar Shores opens May 26 & will be open 7 days a week.
From May 25 – June 18, Frontier Festival returns which is their annual celebration of hope, health and harvest returns to Frontier Town. In years past, the festival started at 2PM each day. Looks like they are starting at noon this year & will end at 8pm each day.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- No reservations required
- ICYMI: They are completely cashless now
- Dragster is still closed for 2023
- The 150th celebration (which was 3 years ago) is finally over
- Forbidden Frontier is no more
- Doesn’t look like they are doing Cedar Point Nights any more
NEW IN 2023:
- The Boardwalk – History is celebrated in a whole new way with the introduction of The Boardwalk which joins Cedar Point as an entirely new area of the park. You’ll step into a modern-day take on the experience of yesteryear.
- With The Boardwalk comes a new ride, Wild Mouse.
- The Grand Pavilion has been updated to house a new restaurant featuring culinary items not found anywhere else in the park (plus traditional favorites), a waterfront bar for relaxation & conversation, indoor/outdoor seating plus viewing decks with unparalleled views of Cedar Point & the Lake Erie shoreline.
2023 Cedar Point Pre-K Passes are now available! 🙌
Cedar Point’s Pre-K pass gives complimentary season passes to children ages 3-5 years old.
Here’s how to get one for your kiddo:
✴️ Parents/caregivers must purchase a season pass (new for 2023)
✴️ You have to register online by August 1, 2023.
✴️ Bring your child to the park on any day they’re open through August 1, 2023 to activate their pass.
✴️ Your child must be present & proof of age will be required (birth certificate or passports are acceptable.)
PLAY & HAVE FUN!! 🎢
Register here: cedarpoint.com/season-passes/pre-k-pass
Are you planning a trip to CP this year?!
Can grandparents bring preschool child between ages 3-5 with them to Cedar point as long as child has a prek pass and grandparents have a gold pass too?
Yes! I don’t believe they have any restrictions on who can actually bring the child to the park. As long as the kiddo has a Pre-K pass & the person bringing them in has a gold pass, you should be able to get in with no issue.